In this tremendous episode of the podcast, we’re joined by Andrew Ryan and Jack Hertvik of Hertvik Insurance Group. Andrew and Jack are running a dynamic and growing agency that pushes the boundaries of what it means to be a traditional independent insurance agency and in turn dominating the insurance game.
Find your favorite way to subscribe to new episodes:
Or you can watch every episode on YouTube.
Andrew Ryan & Jack Hertvik on Dominating the Insurance Game
In this tremendous episode of The Ryan Hanley Show, Ryan Hanley is joined by Andrew Ryan and Jack Hertvik of Hertvik Insurance Group. Andrew and Jack are running a dynamic and growing agency that pushes the boundaries of what it means to be a traditional independent insurance agency, and in turn, dominating the insurance game.
- Jack shares one of the things he loves about working in the insurance industry. (9:27)
- How did Jack become an SIAA Master Agency? (10:06)
- Jack mentions one of the fascinating things happening in the industry. (11:34)
- Andrew shares how technology has changed the insurance industry. (13:16)
- Andrew mentions one of the huge factors that he and Jack have discussed. (16:42)
- When did Jack and Andrew decide that using more tech tools was for the benefit of their agency? (24:24)
- Jack shares the importance of building out your agency’s tech plan slowly. (36:04)
- Jack gives a few pieces of advice about the insurance industry. (42:36)
- Andrew tells listeners where he sees the agency five years from now. (51:35)
- “If it was as easy as putting it in a box and just saying, hey, do this do that, we’d all be successful insurance agencies. So, watching them figure it out and kind of having that curiosity of figuring out what works for them is the best part of my job.” – Jack Hertvik
- “You always need to be thinking about how your replacement is going to handle it, not necessarily because you’re going to be gone. But, because you might advance or you might have somebody else that needs to do that job. You have to be thinking about that stuff in the future.” – Jack Hertvik
- “I think that empowerment thing that Jack mentioned, is very important. And I think that’s huge, especially in like, smaller agencies it’s probably even more important. Because if you have that embedded in your culture from the beginning, it’s just, it’s huge.” – Andrew Ryan
The messaging platform to power your business.
Reach your customers wherever they are. Gain reviews, collect payments, communicate with customers, and capture leads—all from a single inbox.
LISTEN NEXT: Kat Ternes on the Secret to Insurance CRM Success