Stephen Turnbull is the founder of T5 Insurance, At T5 Insurance, their motto is three simple words. Understand. Educate. Protect. T5 will take the time to understand your risk to be able to properly educate you on all of your options to provide the best protection for you, your family, or your business! This is an incredible conversation, don’t miss it…
Find your favorite way to subscribe to new episodes:
Or you can watch every episode on YouTube.
How to Dominate the Scratch Agency Game with Stephen Turnbull
In this episode of The Ryan Hanley Show, Ryan Hanley sits down with Stephen Turnbull
Stephen Turnbull is the founder of T5 Insurance,
At T5 Insurance, their motto is three simple words. Understand. Educate. Protect. T5 will take the time to understand your risk to be able to properly educate you on all of your options to provide the best protection for you, your family, or your business!
This is an incredible conversation, don’t miss it…
- Stephen share that he started T5 out of a desire to do business differently and it’s been a roller coaster, but rewarding and exciting. (8:10)
- Stephen mentions that it is important to enjoy the journey and to constantly remind yourself of the end goal to get through difficult times. (13:09)
- Stephen discusses his experience with changing his CRM system when starting his own agency. (19:31)
- Stephen explains that he attributes some of their success to the unintentional branding of his name, rather than just being known as part of the agency. (22:00)
- Stephen believes that many people are scared of change, particularly in the insurance industry where there is a divide between those who want to innovate and those who resist change. (28:21)
- Ryan shares one of the interesting takes by Gary Vaynerchuck about maximizing one’s strengths instead of trying to fix one’s weaknesses. (41:16)
- Stephen shares that community involvement and referrals can be effective ways to generate business. (44:51)
- Stephen mentions that he enjoys using a low-pressure sales strategy and building relationships through warm inbound leads. (49:07)
- Stephen shares his experience of using video for personalization beyond just proposals. (51:29)
- Stephen encourages listeners who may feel stuck in a similar situation that they are the only person who can make a change in their life. (56:31)
- “I’m very much community focused in the way that I bring in business and I inbound. And so I’m still trying to train kind of the community and different things that I have now with T5, right? But it’s been an easier transition because most of my branding and stuff has been around the personal brand of me.” – Stephen Turnbull
- “The experience and the headaches and the feeling of banging my head into the wall time and time again because I’ve had those experiences, I now know what I want to do differently now that I’m in the role of the owner to provide that young producer, that new producer, the tools that they need to build their brand with T5, and not have any roadblocks.” – Stephen Turnbull
- “I just want to say if anybody’s listening to this, and there’s a similar situation, maybe they feel like they’re stuck, and they can’t get out. Just remember and I wish somebody had said this to me earlier, that you’re the only person that’s going to make a change in your life. Right? You are the only one. There’s a reason that the flight attendants tell you to put your mask on before helping others. And if you don’t take that hard decision to do it, nothing’s gonna change so just do it.” – Stephen Turnbull
- Stephen Turnbull LinkedIn
- T5 Insurance
- Reach out to Ryan Hanley
- Rogue Risk
- Finding Peak
A PosiTivly Better Insurance Experience
Get an Affordable, Convenient and Simple Commercial Insurance Quote in Minutes!
If you enjoyed this episode, please click here to subscribe and never miss an episode of the podcast!
Yours in strength,
LISTEN NEXT: Michael Malfa on Building a Digital Experience for Your Producers