Josh Gurley, partner at HM Advisors, joins the podcast for epic conversation to start 2022. In this episode, we breakdown the business of insurance, selling commercial and growing your business. Josh is an all-time professional in our industry.
Find your favorite way to subscribe to new episodes:
Or you can watch every episode on YouTube.
Josh Gurley on How to Be Brave Enough to Tell People the Truth
In this episode of The Ryan Hanley Show, Ryan Hanley is joined by Josh Gurley, partner at HM Advisors, for an epic conversation to start 2022. They break down the business of insurance, selling commercials and growing your business. Josh is an all-time professional in our industry.
- Josh shares with us about doing a year in review. (6:00)
- Josh tells us that one of his top 10 happenings of last year was making new friends who inspire him. (11:55)
- Josh tells us that, to be successful in business you have to be brave enough to tell people the truth. (20:44)
- Josh says that it is very important to call the next move with your clients. (28:38)
- Josh mentions that his company currently operates in 23 different states. (33:33)
- Josh talks about what he’s learned from technology this year. (36:19
- Josh says that people need to understand that technology should only do what works for them. (44:43)
- Josh shares what he thinks is the most valuable thing in the insurance industry. (52:41)
- Josh shares some advice he gave to a client. (56:51)
- Josh says that you only need to do the thing that you’re good at and everything else will follow. (1:01:34)
- Josh shares the importance of family in his life and imparts some advice on a few things that you should not delegate. (1:02:51)
- “I just really want to help provide education to our industry, because I think we’re in one of the most honorable industries that a person could possibly be.” – Josh Gurley
- “I think that what people need to understand about technology is that you should do what works for you.” – Josh Gurley
- “I think from an ownership perspective, if growing the value of your agency is through personal production, and you can do that, then do it.” – Josh Gurley
Instant, bindable E&S quotes without an upfront appointment
Access multiple A-rated markets in just a few minutes.
Insurance that writes itself.
The completely automated way to sell surety bonds.
Propeller automates the entire process for customers, agents, and obligees, changing how you buy and sell surety bonds forever.
If you enjoyed this episode, please click here to subscribe and never miss an episode of the podcast!
Yours in strength,
LISTEN NEXT: How Independent Agents Dominate 2022