Matthew Sutika, Chief Insurance Officer and Ryan Letzeiser, co-founder and CEO of Obie join the podcast to talk about power mergers, partnerships and changing the way independent insurance agents find coverage for rental property owners. Don’t miss this episode…
Find your favorite way to subscribe to new episodes:
Or you can watch every episode on YouTube.
Why Obie Risk Is Changing the Way We Insure Rental Properties
In this episode of The Ryan Hanley Show, Ryan Hanley interviews Matthew Sutika, Chief Insurance Officer and Ryan Letzeiser, Co-Founder and CEO of Obie. Matthew and Ryan join the podcast to talk about power mergers, partnerships and changing the way independent insurance agents find coverage for rental property owners. Don’t miss this episode…
- Matthew mentions why Ryan Hanley is the coolest guy in insurance. (6:16)
- Ryan shares his insurance background. (8:59)
- Matthew shares the process they’ve built for Obie. (18:42)
- Ryan shares the benefit of designing policies from the consumer side. (24:11)
- How does Ryan manage variables that have traditionally been disqualifiers? (27:22)
- Ryan explains the admitted products process. (29:29)
- Matthew mentions their main focus. (31:40)
- Matthew shares what they’re currently working on in the company. (36:56)
- Matthew and Ryan give some advice to the agents who are listening. (42:33)
- “I wanted Obie to be in every brokerage. I wanted everybody to have us as a carrier, even if they only use this once or twice a year. At least, it’ll be fast, easy. And it’ll be nice, right? Some of the bigger brokerages that love to have space will use us, day in and day out. So, that’s really what we focused on.” – Matthew Sutika
- “I think just having a math background has allowed us to work in the right direction, basically from the bottom up rather than the top down. And yeah, I think that’s a huge differentiator in making sure that we at least have a product that we know we can sell right out of the gate.” – Ryan Letzeiser
- “At the end of the day, your program efficiency comes out of somebody that’s kind of been there, done that. And, then you exclude the things that you don’t really like about their program, and you hopefully can supplement with things that you do like from other programs to make it more comprehensive.” – Ryan Letzeiser
The messaging platform to power your business.
Reach your customers wherever they are. Gain reviews, collect payments, communicate with customers, and capture leads—all from a single inbox.
The premier rating platform for independent insurance agencies.
Tarmika is a single entry comparative rating platform specifically designed for independent agents. A single entry into our platform returns multiple quotes from your appointed carriers.