Chris Cline, executive director of ACT, the Agents Council for Technology, joins the podcast for a conversation on the overcomplication of insurance. We explain why hard times demand a determined focus on simple, repeatable tasks that produce results. Don’t miss this episode…
Find your favorite way to subscribe to new episodes:
Or you can watch every episode on YouTube.
Chris Cline on Death by Overcomplicating Insurance
In this episode of The Ryan Hanley Show, Ryan Hanley is joined by Chris Cline, executive director of ACT, the Agents Council for Technology, for a conversation on the overcomplication of insurance.
They explain why hard times demand a determined focus on simple, repeatable tasks that produce results.
Don’t miss this episode…
- Ryan shares that he is relaunching his newsletter, Finding Peak, which is focused on becoming the best version of yourself that you could possibly be. (2:17)
- Chris mentions that everything in the world is now on a single device, and it’s not so much about being on the phone as it is about what is done there. (13:39)
- Ryan explains how Antifragile by Nicolas Nassim Taleb made him think about how he positions himself in the world, the skills he wants to acquire, and how he wants to set up his business and career so he can sustain himself personally and professionally. (21:15)
- Chris talks about the evolutionary way the brain works and how that impacts all aspects of our lives. (27:18)
- Chris discusses why he thinks people in the industry make things too complicated. (31:56)
- Chris explains that commercialized, competitive rating is one of the industry’s hottest topics right now. (39:33)
- Chris believes that there is no such thing as the best tech stack unless it precisely matches the agency’s business strategy. (47:50)
- Chris explains mid-funnel technology and why it is so successful right now. (56:24)
- Ryan believes that the winners and losers will be separated by true leadership moving forward. (1:05:52)
- Chirs mentions the importance of remaining steadfast around what you’re trying to get accomplished, and truly giving your teams what they need to be successful through that. (1:16:50)
- “Our brains are processing what’s in front of us differently based on the experiences we’ve had. But you know, you and I can be in the same room and see very different things. But the core fundamental things I think we would see, it’s just how do you let that stuff that sits in the margins, the complex stuff, the subconscious level stuff, minimize the interpretation.” – Chris Cline
- “You’ve got a relentless focus on processes first, making sure you got the right people in the right roles, doing the right things, and then use technology to bring that stuff to life.” – Chris Cline
- “Whenever things get funky, leadership wins. Being able to set a clear vision. Remain steadfast to it, be a clear and active champion around what you’re trying to get accomplished. And truly give your teams what they need to be successful through that is integral.” – Chris Cline
- Chris Cline LinkedIn
- Agents Council for Technology
- Reach out to Ryan Hanley
If you enjoyed this episode, please click here to subscribe and never miss an episode of the podcast!
Yours in strength,
LISTEN NEXT: Titans of the Insurance Industry Share Their View of the Future