Darrin Schenck, VP of Sales and Marketing for TriageNow joins the podcast for a deep dive into nurse triage services. We learn what nurse triage services are, how they work and why nurse triage is a necessary value-added service for all commercial independent insurance agents.
Find your favorite way to subscribe to new episodes:
Or you can watch every episode on YouTube.
Darrin Schenck on Why Nurse Triage Services Are Perfect Value Add for Independent Agents
Darrin Schenck, VP of Sales and Marketing for TriageNow joins the podcast for a deep dive into nurse triage services. We learn what nurse triage services are, how they work, and why nurse triage is a necessary value-added service for all commercial independent insurance agents.
- Darrin mentions he’s been with TriageNow since day one and has witnessed the company grow from an idea written on the back of a napkin to one of the top providers of telephonic nurse triage services in the nation. (5:56)
- Darrin explains that telephonic nurse triage services bridge the gap between businesses that can afford to have a doctor or nurse on-site and those that must send everyone to the clinic down the street. (7:14)
- Ryan shares that they utilize TriageNow for a few of their clients and that it was recommended to them by the Workers Comp Renegade, Mike McDonough. (9:10)
- Darrin explains how TriageNow functions when someone is injured. (14:12)
- Darrin believes that their total client base, regardless of industry, has a self-care rate of 42%. (23:35)
- Darrin mentions that some triage services provide programs that are ideal for smaller clients with 50 or fewer injuries per year. (31:49)
- Darrin explains that there is always a liability piece to the problem that must be considered and outsourcing that liability to a telephonic nurse triage service adds layers of protection between the employer and the problem if things go wrong. (35:15)
- Darrin mentions that anytime they can keep people in the workforce productive, that’s better for everybody. (38:08)
- Darrin encourages anybody interested in TriageNow to visit their website. (42:07)
- “We’re a triage service, but we provide the information to the people who can be judge and jury and that allows them to determine compatibility.” – Darrin Schenck
- “In a work comp world, anybody that’s employing people that do anything remotely physical, a triage service is definitely worth exploring.” – Darrin Schenck
- “I love the fact that I can tell a prospective client that I know personally the nurses that will be talking to your injured employees because I helped hire them and add them to our team.” – Darrin Schenck
If you enjoyed this episode, please click here to subscribe and never miss an episode of the podcast!
Yours in strength,