Michael Eagan founded The Independence Hub, which seeks to make insurance the preferred industry for neurodivergent talent. Insurance Hub aims to offer the insurance industry connections to best practices and talent through industry educational and neurodivergent recruiting events.
Find your favorite way to subscribe to new episodes:
Or you can watch every episode on YouTube.
Hiring Neurodivergent Superheroes for Your Agency with Michael Eagan
Michael Eagan founded The Independence Hub, which seeks to make insurance the preferred industry for neurodivergent talent.
Insurance Hub aims to offer the insurance industry connections to best practices and talent through industry educational and neurodivergent recruiting events.
Don’t miss this episode…
- Michael shares his experience with ADHD and how he started a remote work center for neurodivergent people. (7:37)
- Michael mentions that ADHD brains continue to develop throughout life, while neurotypical brains stop developing. (16:11)
- Michael believes that a manager needs to be trained and aware of neurodiversity and the leader needs to be mentored and have tools to translate the awareness into the business world. (24:45)
- Michael explains how neurodivergent people have unique skill sets that are often overlooked in the standard hiring process. (37:55)
- Michael discusses the challenges of disclosing neurodivergent conditions during job interviews and the need for proper management of executive function skills. (48:43)
- Ryan mentions that his mission is to make the insurance industry more exciting and appealing to people, including those with ADHD. (53:24)
- Ryan encourages listeners to get involved in the program and talk to Mike if they have questions or frustrations. (58:23)
- “Do you know that ADHD brains continue to develop through our lives? Whereas other neurotypical people, their brains, they stopped developing. So like, where you’ll continue to have interests your whole life, like you’ll find new music, you’ll find new art, you’ll find new hobbies.” – Michael Eagan
- “So that’s why I won’t listen to anybody because when I listen to people, it doesn’t work. When I do it my way, it may be a little messy, but wow, it turns out a lot of times, I’m better at things than you.” – Michael Eagan
A PosiTivly Better Insurance Experience
Get an Affordable, Convenient and Simple Commercial Insurance Quote in Minutes!
If you enjoyed this episode, please click here to subscribe and never miss an episode of the podcast!
Yours in strength,
LISTEN NEXT: Monica Parker on Turning Wonder into a Superpower