Jeff Roy, founder and president of Excalibur Insurance and one of the innovative independent insurance agency owners in the world, joins the podcast for a conversation on digital virtual assistants, also known as robotic process automation. This is a conversation you don’t want to miss.
Find your favorite way to subscribe to new episodes:
Or you can watch every episode on YouTube.
Jeff Roy Explains Robotic Process Automation
In this episode of The Ryan Hanley Show, Jeff Roy, Founder and President of Excalibur Insurance and one of the most innovative independent insurance agency owners in the world, joins the podcast for a conversation on digital virtual assistants, also known as robotic process automation.
This is a conversation you don’t want to miss.
- Ryan discusses Rogue Risk’s decision to switch to Nexure and change its agency management system. (10:34)
- Jeff mentions that during an interview with Taylor Rhodes for the Digital Insurance Plan podcast, he confirmed that TAM will be discontinued in 2025. (12:14)
- Ryan expresses his confusion as to why it is tough to create a CRM from an agency management system. (13:58)
- Ryan mentions that he likes what Better Agency is doing and thinks they’ve made a lot of progress to be a player in the industry. (18:03)
- Jeff explains that after seeing Applied Epic’s demo, he became interested in the new feature that can run an AMS through the browser. (20:22)
- Ryan believes understanding where the company goes without rating multiple carriers is the way to place business faster with the appropriate carrier. (24:33)
- Jeff explains that you need some AI and machine learning to be able to direct you to the proper company because companies are changing their prices and moving so quickly. (26:54)
- Jeff explains what it means to have a properly trained bot. (34:50)
- Jeff explains the difference between Robotic Process Automation and a Digital Virtual Assistant. (38:24)
- Jeff explains how robots function when assigned significant responsibilities. (40:34)
- Jeff mentions that their bot is safe with two-factor authentication and that it cannot be hacked in the same manner that their staff can. (44:43)
- Jeff mentions that if anyone is interested in learning more about robotic process automation, he will be giving a 30-minute lecture on how robots can make an agency more human. (50:42)
- “You need some AI and machine learning to be able to direct you with the right company. Because companies are changing their rates and changing things.” – Jeff Roy
- “Why would you want to use a bot? Really, you want to replace anything that humans are doing that they don’t need to do with technology. And a bot, once it’s trained, can do it reliable every time.” – Jeff Roy
- “The bot is secure double factor authentication, you know, there’s no way of getting it hacked in any different than our staff. So that’s why it was important that we had the double factor authentication to get in, because I don’t want to log into anything without that.” – Jeff Roy
The messaging platform to power your business.
Reach your customers wherever they are. Gain reviews, collect payments, communicate with customers, and capture leads—all from a single inbox.
If you enjoyed this episode, please click here to subscribe and never miss an episode of the podcast!
Yours in strength,