This is a special multi-guest episode with a “Whose Who” lineup of technology power players including Steve Anderson, CEO of Catalyt, Peter MacDonald, co-founder and CEO of Wunderite and Andrew Wynn, co-founder and CEO of Ascend. We get after all things independent insurance agents and technology. You don’t want to miss this episode…
Find your favorite way to subscribe to new episodes:
Or you can watch every episode on YouTube.
The Power Brokers on the Future of Insurtech
This is a special multi-guest episode of The Ryan Hanley Show with a “Who’s Who” lineup of technology power players including Steve Anderson, CEO of Catalyit, Peter MacDonald, Co-Founder & CEO of Wunderite, and Andrew Wynn, Co-Founder & CEO of Ascend.
We get after all things independent insurance agents and technology.
You don’t want to miss this episode…
- Peter explains how they came up with the idea of talking about the future of insurance technology. (7:44)
- Steve explains the Catalyit concept and what they do. (9:33)
- Andrew introduces himself and what Ascend does. (12:10)
- Peter shares his background and Wunderite’s concept. (14:17)
- Steve discusses how technology is becoming more accessible to the general public. (17:53)
- Peter believes that insurance agents have always had a perspective on customer service and that it has always been a high concern for agencies. (24:46)
- Andrew discusses his thought process for launching his own company. (29:07)
- Peter mentions that their company’s health insurance was recently changed this year and how technology was integrated into the sales demonstration. (36:38)
- According to Andrew, they wanted to create a solution that was more than just premium finance and gave a much better customer experience. (45:07)
- Peter explains how he came up with the idea for Wunderite. (47:36)
- Peter talks about the need for an ecosystem to support the tools that we want as agents. (1:02:00)
- “It’s not about technology, it’s about meeting the customer where they want to be.” – Steve Anderson
- “The future of InsurTech is really about empowering independent agents.” – Peter MacDonald
- “We wanted to build a product that delivers that better customer experience, while staying competitive on the rate.” – Andrew Wynn
- Steve Anderson LinkedIn
- Peter MacDonald
- Andrew Wynn
- Reach out to Ryan Hanley
The messaging platform to power your business.
Reach your customers wherever they are. Gain reviews, collect payments, communicate with customers, and capture leads—all from a single inbox.
Business insurance built for today.
Fast, easy, reliable coverage that reaches businesses where they are, when they need it.
Business owners deserve an easy insurance purchasing experience. Unfortunately, this process is typically overly complicated, expensive, and time-consuming.
Coterie integrates insurance into platforms and processes that businesses, contractors, and gig workers already use, unlocking protection in minutes. Our tech-based approach to business insurance uses data-driven automation, providing accurate, affordable coverage – without the hassle.
Visit Coterie Insurance today.
If you enjoyed this episode, please click here to subscribe and never miss an episode of the podcast!
Yours in strength,
LISTEN NEXT: Billy Williams on How to Maximize Agency Growth in 2022