Will Shaw, CEO, and co-founder of Better Agency, joins the show for a discussion on entrepreneurship, insurtech, and what he’s learned helping agency owners grow their business.
Find your favorite way to subscribe to new episodes:
Or you can watch every episode on YouTube.
Will Shaw on How to Build Technology for Independent Agents
In this episode of The Ryan Hanley Show, Ryan Hanley is joined by Will Shaw, CEO, and co-founder of Better Agency. They discuss entrepreneurship, InsurTech, and what Will has learned from assisting agency owners in growing their businesses. Will is an all-time guy in our industry…this is a conversation you don’t want to miss.
- Will talks about a five-year play with InsurTech. (7:54)
- Ryan states that building your network is always important. (10:57)
- Will explains why they chose to bootstrap Better Agency. (17:29)
- Will shares his insights about independent insurance agencies. (24:19)
- Will claims that every client should be covered by every policy. (34:06)
- Will discusses what his duties were when Better Agency first began. (41:44)
- Will elaborates on the advantages of having an independent agency. (46:42)
- Ryan and Will discuss their love for the Buffalo Bills. (53:27)
- Will explains what it means to have a “ride or die” mentality. (57:23)
- “The things I’m working on today are the things people are going to see in three or four months.” – Will Shaw
- “I hire people that are better than me in every way.” – Will Shaw
- “If you try to have your hand in everything you’re just never going to get out of your business.” – Ryan Hanley
- Will Shaw Linkedin
- Better Agency
- Reach out to Ryan Hanley
Insurance that writes itself.
The completely automated way to sell surety bonds.
Propeller automates the entire process for customers, agents, and obligees, changing how you buy and sell surety bonds forever.
Learn more about Propeller Bonds.
If you enjoyed this episode, please click here to subscribe and never miss an episode of the podcast!
Yours in strength,
LISTEN NEXT: David McFarland on Why Speed, Simplicity & Service Win Small Business Insurance