Zach Mefferd, co-founder of Coverage Direct and ZipBonds, joins the show for an exclusive, first-ever podcast interview. In our conversation, we discuss where Zach developed his entrepreneurial spirit and how he’s cultivated that spirit to found multiple successful companies within the independent insurance industry. Don’t miss this episode…
Zach Mefferd on Entrepreneurship and the Independent Insurance Agency
In this episode of The Ryan Hanley Show, Ryan Hanley interviews Zach Mefferd, CIC, Co-Founder of Coverage Direct and ZipBonds. Zach joins the show for an exclusive, first-ever podcast interview. In their conversation, they discuss where Zach developed his entrepreneurial spirit and how he’s cultivated that spirit to found multiple successful companies within the independent insurance industry. Don’t miss this episode…
- Ryan explains why streaming is interesting and important. (5:18)
- Zach mentions how he became interested in car racing. (14:07)
- Zach shares his thoughts on having a business partner. (28:10)
- Zach shares why boundaries are vital. (43:53)
- Zach mentions one of the things they do when hiring people. (47:27)
- Zach explains the four things that people must do to run a business. (52:02)
- Zach shares what made him move to Salesforce. (56:55)
- Zach mentions his favorite features of Salesforce. (58:34)
- Zach explains what ZipBonds is all about and why agents should be interested in it. (1:05:46)
- “I don’t have a problem with people, as long as we’re on the same playing field to do it. They should be able to appreciate and enjoy their success.” – Zach Mefferd
- “Stop trying to make everything perfect before you go move. Make a step, do something. It can be done. It is going to be difficult. But, stop trying to have everything perfectly laid out before you start.” – Zach Mefferd
- “We move fast, we break things, we fix them, we find out how we can improve when we move on. We don’t dwell on what didn’t go. We just focus on what we can learn from, then move on.” – Zach Mefferd
Business insurance built for today.
Fast, easy, reliable coverage that reaches businesses where they are, when they need it.
Business owners deserve an easy insurance purchasing experience. Unfortunately, this process is typically overly complicated, expensive, and time-consuming.
Coterie integrates insurance into platforms and processes that businesses, contractors, and gig workers already use, unlocking protection in minutes. Our tech-based approach to business insurance uses data-driven automation, providing accurate, affordable coverage – without the hassle.
LISTEN NEXT: How to Sell More Cyber Insurance with Pat Costello