Nick Ayers, Chief Marketing Officer at Better Agency, joins the podcast to talk about insurance marketing, building technology, and putting on rockstar conferences.
Always a tremendous conversation when Nick’s on the show.
Don’t miss this episode…
Find your favorite way to subscribe to new episodes:
Or you can watch every episode on YouTube.
Nick Ayers on What it Takes to be a World-Class Marketer
In this episode of The Ryan Hanley Show, Nick Ayers, Chief Marketing Officer at Better Agency, joins the podcast to talk about insurance marketing, building technology, and putting on rockstar conferences. There’s always a tremendous conversation when Nick’s on the show.
Don’t miss this episode.
- Nick shares some ideas to take into consideration before starting a company. (7:06)
- Nick mentions that the cornerstone of marketing is being able to understand how people feel and being able to articulate the voices already in their heads. (12:36)
- Nick explains that a lot of companies will soon realize that they need to hire real marketing motions in their company. (19:38)
- Nick shares that their strategy has been to always commit to being genuine to their brand. (25:12)
- Nick talks about how the industry has changed and in some ways relaxed in the last few years. (31:05)
- Nick shares their journey to making their first acquisition and the questions they were asked by most people. (42:10)
- Nick explains that he believes that independent agents are the best channel for insurance distribution. (45:10)
- Nick and Ryan discuss the best insurance events. (48:37)
- Nick explains that they learned lessons from these past conferences which they will apply in their future conferences. (54:06)
- “We’re going to continue to be who we are, and that’s a major part of our overall brand, and that we’re going to try to be relentless truth-tellers.” – Nick Ayers
- “We believe that independent agents are the best channel for insurance distribution. There isn’t anything stronger or better than when companies work directly with independent agents.” – Nick Ayers
- “If we want to compete with everybody else in the AMS or the CRM, we’re going to constantly be playing that comparison game. We want to do something that nobody’s done before.” – Nick Ayers
- Nick Ayers LinkedIn
- Better Agency
- Reach out to Ryan Hanley
The premier rating platform for independent insurance agencies.
Tarmika is a single entry comparative rating platform specifically designed for independent agents. A single entry into our platform returns multiple quotes from your appointed carriers.
If you enjoyed this episode, please click here to subscribe and never miss an episode of the podcast!
Yours in strength,
LISTEN NEXT: Zach Mefferd on Becoming a Technologist and the Future of Zip Bonds