Nigel Walsh, Managing Director of Insurance for Google joins the podcast for fun and nerdy discussion examining the differences between digitizing your insurance business and building a digital insurance business. The distinction is larger and more impactful than you might think. Don’t miss this epic conversation…
Or you can watch every episode on YouTube.
Nigel Walsh Explains the Important Difference Between Digitizing and Digital Insurance
In this episode of The Ryan Hanley Show, Ryan Hanley interviews Nigel Walsh, Managing Director of Insurance for Google. Nigel joins the podcast for a fun and nerdy discussion examining the differences between digitizing your insurance business and building a digital insurance business. The distinction is larger and more impactful than you might think. Don’t miss this epic conversation…
- Nigel shares the difference between digitization and digitalization. (11:09)
- Nigel shares why digitization is not a bad thing. (15:18)
- Nigel mentions some important points about digitalization. (19:32)
- Nigel shares how people have become more innovative during the pandemic. (20:45)
- Nigel mentions some really cool things he learned during his induction to Google. (23:49)
- Nigel shares how to earn someone’s trust and respect. (30:04)
- Nigel mentions the best advice he was given when he left university. (36:23)
- “If we create a fully digitalized agency that customers aren’t ready for, then we still fail…Which is why digitization also works.” – Nigel Walsh
- “Sometimes, good is good enough. It doesn’t need to be leading edge. You just need to make sure that you can pay your claims, you can serve your customers…that you do the right thing.” – Nigel Walsh
- “More businesses have been started in the last 12 months. So, even during a pandemic, people become more innovative, and are out there taking risks using government support or whatever else to go and start businesses.” – Nigel Walsh
The premier rating platform for independent insurance agencies.
Tarmika is a single entry comparative rating platform specifically designed for independent agents. A single entry into our platform returns multiple quotes from your appointed carriers.