Tanner Hackett, CEO, and founder of Counterpart, a management liability insurtech reinventing the commercial insurance industry using the most robust data sets and cutting-edge technology, with the support and guidance of some of the most respected insurance, investment, and brokerage institutions in the world. This is an absolutely tremendous conversation you don’t want to miss…
Find your favorite way to subscribe to new episodes:
Or you can watch every episode on YouTube.
Tanner Hackett On Scaling a Management Liability Company
In this episode of The Ryan Hanley Show, Ryan Hanley interviews Tanner Hackett, CEO, and founder of Counterpart, a management liability InsurTech reinventing the Commercial Insurance industry using the most robust data sets and cutting-edge technology, with the support and guidance of some of the most respected insurance, investment, and brokerage institutions in the world.
This is an absolutely tremendous conversation you don’t want to miss…
- Tanner discusses his journey in the insurance industry, beginning with his entrepreneurial tech background. (7:16)
- Tanner mentions that Counterpart is committed to assisting individuals in growing and understanding their exposures. (15:13)
- Tanner discusses how Counterpart differs from the other 10 markets that can provide a competitive service. (17:50)
- Tanner explains why he decided to go from wholesale to retail. (19:17)
- Tanner discusses why he calls his team risk engineers rather than underwriters and what the difference is. (23:05)
- Tanner shares that the reason he gets out of bed every day is to support entrepreneurs who are taking risks and doing things differently. (29:15)
- Tanner discusses the importance of team consistency and having a clear vision. (36:19)
- Tanner mentions that it’s difficult to be a leader in the insurance industry these days and move the industry forward because many are so entrenched in their current workflows. (46:01)
- Tanner explains small business risks and how Counterpart’s products solve them. (55:03)
- Ryan believes that the advantage of data is not just marketing, it’s also communications. (1:03:00)
- Tanner explains they’re here to educate the market about the potential for management liability. (1:04:57)
- “It’s really tough to be a leader these days in the insurance space and move the industry forward because people are so entrenched in their current workflows, current processes.” – Tanner Hackett
- “We want to be advocates for these small businesses. We want to take this off their plate because we talked about how hard it is to be a small business already, and be educating these businesses about what their exposures are, how they’re researching, and how our product responds to those risks.” – Tanner Hackett
- “We’re here to educate the market about the potential for Management Liability. Again, it’s not where it is today, but what it should be for them in terms of the service that we can provide, and the quality product we can provide for the small business owners. And we need to do this through partnerships.” – Tanner Hackett
If you enjoyed this episode, please click here to subscribe and never miss an episode of the podcast!
Yours in strength,
LISTEN NEXT: Insurance Robots-as-a-Service with Quandri.io