Sarah Muniz, producer at Home Team Insurance and author of Undiscovered Voices: Unlocking the Potential of Women in Insurance, joins the podcast to talk about why women need to play a larger role in the future of insurance. This is a tremendous episode of the podcast you don’t want to miss…
Find your favorite way to subscribe to new episodes:
Or you can watch every episode on YouTube.
Sarah Muniz on Helping Women Find Their Undiscovered Voice in the Insurance Industry
In this episode of The Ryan Hanley Show, Ryan Hanley interviews Sarah Muniz, producer at Home Team Insurance and author of Undiscovered Voices: Unlocking the Potential of Women in Insurance. She joins the podcast to talk about why women need to play a larger role in the future of insurance. This is a tremendous episode of the podcast that you don’t want to miss…
- Sarah discusses the origin story of her book, which is based on her and other women’s struggles to move into a leadership position as women in the industry. (4:16)
- Sarah explains that the major problem that she wants to solve is showing that we have more than enough talent in the industry. (12:25)
- Ryan discusses the idea of how many women in the 61% have truly wanted to be in a leadership position. (14:43)
- Sarah talks about different types of barriers she thinks will affect the percentage of women in leadership roles. (17:00)
- Sarah compares the profits of a diverse firm to those of a company that is not diverse. (23:37)
- Ryan explains that he is willing to take anyone regardless of their situation as long as they are willing to show up and work hard and play in our culture. (26:37)
- Sarah shares that if women get more opportunities, it also creates opportunities for minority groups. (30:24)
- Sarah elaborates that the only factor that should come into play when hiring is if the person is going to fit into the team. (38:03)
- Ryan explains that he thinks that there is a major gap in quality leadership in the industry. (43:02)
- Sarah shares that the key to being at a higher level is to support yourself for more opportunities. (48:42)
- Ryan explains that everyone should control their personal brand in order to control their career. (52:01)
- “If someone is talented and willing to work hard and fit in your culture, they should absolutely have the option to come work for you or with you.” – Sarah Muniz
- “The other problem that I have seen is that a lot of times women are hired into service positions, whereas men are hired right into producer positions.” – Sarah Muniz
- “I do believe that you should make a name for yourself and have your own personal brand, outside of your employer to where you’re making a name for yourself. I do 100% agree that you should do that. The part that is hard, and it’s happened with me, is having your own personal belief system and brand can actually gets you in trouble with whoever you’re employed by.” – Sarah Muniz
- Sarah Muniz LinkedIn
- Home Team Insurance
- Insurance Nerds: Undiscovered Voices
- Amazon: Undiscovered Voices
- Reach out to Ryan Hanley
The messaging platform to power your business.
Reach your customers wherever they are. Gain reviews, collect payments, communicate with customers, and capture leads—all from a single inbox.
If you enjoyed this episode, please click here to subscribe and never miss an episode of the podcast!
Yours in strength,