Ricky Hayter, owner of ANR Insurance Group, joins the podcast for a tremendous conversation on what it takes to run an independent insurance agency. Ricky is growing his agency like crazy and shares some of the challenges they’ve faced as well as how they’ve overcome all of them on the path to world domination. Don’t miss this episode…
Find your favorite way to subscribe to new episodes:
Or you can watch every episode on YouTube.
A Tremendous Conversation with Ricky Hayter
Ricky is growing his agency like crazy and shares some of the challenges they’ve faced as well as how they’ve overcome all of them on the path to world domination.
Don’t miss this episode…
- Ricky discusses his thoughts as a leader and his observations while acquiring an agency. (6:44)
- Ricky shares his personal view on the ability to provide energy in an office setting vs working remotely. (12:52)
- According to Ricky, it is critical to offer employees the same level of independence as everyone else in the firm. (19:15)
- Ricky says that when he interviews individuals now, he looks for people who can manage themselves, are self-motivated, and are reliable. (23:59)
- Ricky describes how he gives his people time off. (29:48)
- Ricky feels that the only way to properly develop a healthy unrestricted time off culture is to start from scratch. And you need individuals who can manage it. (32:10)
- Ricky says he can educate anyone willing to work hard how to sell insurance. (37:55)
- Ricky explains that he seeks highly skilled customer service representatives because he understands he needs to fill that gap for himself. (46:51)
- Ricky and Ryan discuss their hiring mindset. (52:47)
- Ricky cites Tarmika as a product he utilizes. (57:43)
- “Hiring people around your weaknesses makes you better.” – Ricky Hayter
- “At the end of the day, I mean, I gotta do what I say I’m going to do. That’s it. Yeah. And that just goes so far. They buy-in, because I tell him what we do. And I also tell them what we can’t do and why.” – Ricky Hayter
- “I look for super skilled customer service people because I know I have to fill that gap for myself.” – Ricky Hayter
Business insurance built for today.
Fast, easy, reliable coverage that reaches businesses where they are, when they need it.
Business owners deserve an easy insurance purchasing experience. Unfortunately, this process is typically overly complicated, expensive, and time-consuming.
Coterie integrates insurance into platforms and processes that businesses, contractors, and gig workers already use, unlocking protection in minutes. Our tech-based approach to business insurance uses data-driven automation, providing accurate, affordable coverage – without the hassle.
Insurance that writes itself.
The completely automated way to sell surety bonds.
Propeller automates the entire process for customers, agents, and obligees, changing how you buy and sell surety bonds forever.
If you enjoyed this episode, please click here to subscribe and never miss an episode of the podcast!
Yours in strength,